This group class is kept small - a group of no more than 6 pups in a class - to ensure we can give you the attention you require. We focus on giving you and your pup a head start in life by providing you with the basic information required for responsibly owning a new puppy. Including health information such as de-sexing, flea control, worming, vaccinations and nutrition. Behavioural management via environmental enrichment & specific assistance in dealing with 'problem' behaviours, as well as the skills to teach your pup to perform the basic behaviours required in the real world.
- Beginning to walk nicely on a loose lead
The class consists of 4 x 1 hour lessons, the first of which is a dog free, owners information lesson. Cost of the course is $85, to be paid in full at the time of enrolment. This course is run subject to a minimum of 2 enrolled students and a maxiumum of 6.
Please note: Puppy Pre-School classes are held at the Rutherglen Veterinary Clinic on Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm. The Rutherglen Veterinary Clinic is located at 149 Main Street, Rutherglen. Courses normally begin monthly on a Wednesday subject to enrolment.
What do I need to complete a course?
- the ability to attend all lessons.
- a willingness to help your pup achieve all they can be, this will include homework sessions with your pup. (Don't worry, they aren't scary.)
- a pup aged 8-14 weeks of age & who has received their first vaccination. Please discuss with the Instructor or Vet if your dog is outside of this age group.
- to be 18 years or older (children younger than this may assist an adult with training but must be in the company of an adult at all times).
- an appropriate leash and collar for your pup (this will be discussed at the dog free session).
- NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required.
What do I receive?
- weekly class handouts, including homework sheets.
- 4 x 1 hour lessons.
- information on how pups learn.
- information on ways to enhance your pups day to day life.
- a graduation certificate for you and a small 'doggy gift bag' for your pup.
- the knowledge you have committed to ensuring your pup has recieved the best start in life you can provide, and is a well loved and valued member of your family.