Level One Basic Manners
This group class is kept small - a group of no more than 6 dogs in a class - to ensure we can give you the attention you require. We focus on the basic good manners required from a pet dog.
- Mat training.
- Canine body language and etiquette.
- Beginning to walk nicely on a loose lead.
- Beginning to walk ‘close’ (similar to a heel).
- Recalls - come when called.
- Trouble shooting of 'Problem' behaviours.
The class consists of 8 x 1 hour lessons, the first of which is a dog free, owners information lesson. Cost of the course is $150, to be paid in full at the time of enrollment. This course is run subject to a minimum of 3 enrolled students.
Please note: Classes are offered in 2 locations. Saturday morning classes are located in Howlong whilst classes in Euroa are offered on a Sunday morning/afternoon.
What do I need to complete a course?
- the ability to attend lessons.
- a willingness to help your dog achieve all they can be, this will include homework sessions with your dog.
- a fully vaccinated pet dog (aged 3 months or older).
- to be 13 years or older (children aged 6-12yrs may assist an adult with training, whilst those aged 13-17yrs may be the primary trainer, dependant on dog breed, but must still be in the company of an adult at all times).
- an appropriate leash and collar for your dog (this will be discussed at the dog free session).
- NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required.
What do I receive?
- a clicker
- a class manual, including homework sheets
- 8 x 1 hour lessons
- information on how dogs learn
- information on ways to enhance your dogs day to day life
- a graduation certificate for you and a small 'doggy gift bag' for your dog
- the knowledge you have committed to ensuring your dog is a well loved and valued member of your family