Agility for Beginners
This group class is kept small - a group of no more than 6 dogs in a class - to ensure we can give you the attention you require. We focus on introducing you and your dog to the equipment, making your dog comfortable with using each piece, ensuring you understand how to use the equipment safely and for everyone involved to have fun! We use the following equipment in class:
- Weave Poles
- Single Jump
- Panel Jump
- Double Jump
- Hoop Jump
The class consists of 7 x 1 hour lessons and the cost of the course is $150, to be paid in full at the time of enrollment. This course is run subject to a minimum of 3 enrolled students.
Classes are held saturdays and may be offered as an evening class subject to demand.
What do I need to complete a course?
- A pet dog aged 12 months to 6 years. Dogs must have completed thier key growth period to ensure no damage is done to their bones when jumping,etc. Dogs younger than 12 months or older than 6 years require a vet check and a letter from your vet advising they are safely able to participate in an agility class before being able to enrol.
- Your dog must have basic obedience/good manners skills – Sit, Drop, Recall and the beginings of Wait/Stay.
- to be 16 years or older (children aged 8-15 may assist an adult with training but must be in the company of an adult at all times).
- an appropriate leash and collar for your dog (this will be discussed at the dog free session)
- NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required.
What do I receive?
- 7 x 1 hour classes
- a graduation certificate for you and a small 'doggy gift bag' for your dog
- the skills to introduce and use agility equipment with your dog safely
- a whole lot of fun!